Kemp Mill Synagogue
Welcome to KMS!
Check out these photos from our Clothing Drive benefiting CHANA here.
Upcoming KMS Events
Rosh Chodesh Women Series
February 27, 2017, 8:00 PM
KMS Invites you to A Special Evening With
Diane Hamou, L.E., C.P.E. of LEPTITE SPA
Shabbat, March 4: Come and Enjoy a Spritually Uplifting Shabbat with Singer Eitan Katz. Schedule is as follows:
Friday Night: Combined Ruach & Sanctuary Minyan Led by Eitan (5:50pm)
Oneg Shabbat at KMS at 9:00pm
Combined Youth and 8:45 Minyan (Mussaf led by Eitan)
Shiur: Using Music & Tefillah to Connect with G-d (4:30pm B. Midrash)
Havdallah at KMS
KUMZITZ at KMS with Eitan and a band and pizza! (8:00pm). FREE of charge thanks to a generous sponsor
Shabbat, March 11, KMS is hosting the 8:45 am Minyan Kiddush to honor our many gabbaim for all the work they do making sure our many minyanim run smoothly. To help sponsor this Kiddush please click here
KMS Israel Shabbat
Scholar in Residence - Rabbi Binyamin Zimmerman
March 25, 2017
Rosh Chodesh Women Series
March 26, 2017, 8:00 PM
KMS Invites you to "Bringing Seder To Your Life" with
Tanya Klein of Precision Organizing
PURIM IS COMING
Check out our Purim 5777 flyer here for important times and events.
TAKE CARE OF MATANOT L’EVYONIM
As you know, one of the requirements of the holiday of Purim is "Matanot L'Evyonim" (gifts for those in need). You may take care of this mitzvah before Purim if the money you are donating will be given out on your behalf on Purim day itself. The minimum requirement is to give monetary gifts to at least two people in need on Purim day. KMS is happy to be your “agent” to distribute the funds on Purim day on your behalf.
• YOU MAY GIVE ONLINE HERE Deadline for Online: Thursday March 9th at 5pm
• OR BY SUBMITTING CASH/CHECK to the office. All money handed in must be given directly to a member of the office staff and marked specifically as Matanot L’Evyonim (please note that general donations to the tzedakah fund will NOT be allocated to Manatnot L’Evyonim) Deadline for Office Donation: Thursday March 9th at 5pm
• OR placed in one of the Matanot L’Evyonim Baskets that will be in the lobby on Purim night and morning. Deadline for Basket Donation: Purim Morning at 10am
Alternatively, we suggest several other ways for you to take care of this important Mitzvah:
• Yad Yehudah/Mond Foundation (http://www.yadyehuda.org/matonos-levyonim.html)
• Od Yosef Chai (800-823-CHAI, http://www.odyosefchai.org/matanotlevyonim)
• Global Jewish Assistance and Relief (https://globaljewish.org/civicrm/contribute/transact?reset=1&id=20)
Should you have any questions please contact me. Purim Sameach!
Chanukah Kol Mevaser
The Chanukah issue of Kol Mevaser is now available. Read it now.
KMS Office is Hiring
The updated Seder HaYom can be found here.
The updated Sefer Minhagim can be found here.
Cheryl Stern Community Kelim Mikvah
The Cheryl Stern Community Kelim Mikvah is now officially open. There are still plenty of bricks on the path that may be dedicated. Please see the attached form or go to www.yise.org/brick to dedicate a brick.
Kemp Mill Sababa
Sababa is the Hebrew slang word for “cool and wonderful!” We want everyone who visits Israel to be inspired, amazed, and to have FUN. “Kemp Mill Sababa” is a great way to refer your friends to your favorite unique and “off the beaten path” places in Israel. If you have visited Israel recently (in the past two years), we want you to list your favorite places and experiences that don’t usually make it into the tour books. Click here to make a recommendation. (It will take you less than 5 minutes!)